See below, it has already been explained pafaitement. Note the convenient switch to change voltage. In times of very low dollar, it is convenient.
I have found everything I need for a powerful and incredibly lightweight. In this category is the perfect amp in the characteristics.
I mainly use the amplification stage of the amp for my group of stoner. I connect a VT Bass Tech 21 Deluxe with a disto Mazzetti for grain and a few passages in Russian bassball noisy. Before I connected to the amplifier stage of an Ashdown ABM 500 ... and strangely it sounds better with the Genz Benz.
Then, for other projects, I connected directly to the amp. I do not fiddle about filters, I act directly on the equalizer. And then, all at 12, it already sounds very good. Just cut a little knobs with his (very reactive) and you get what you want quickly. If you want a little more grain, you go up the gain, the volume is corrected, is refined with the equalizer, and it was a very close its all-tube always with great clarity and precision. This is the highlight of this amp, even with a big sound rock and roll was always a great definition, very accurate. This is an amp really very good.
As I said above, I play stoner rock and roll and big. Although my amp looks riquiqui next to any lamps Ampeg groups with whom I shared the stage, the sound is powerful and accurate. Associated with my Ibanez ATK customized Wild in overdrive and my Mazzetti, it sends the wood. For now I play on a 4x10 cab Ashdown ABM responding in a somewhat acute for my taste, but I'll pass on a 2x15 Chillbass should return the best bass. I recently played live on a 8x10 Ampeg fridge. With the volume of 3, I was much too strong and I pierced so perfect in the mix despite two guitarists and a drummer wild type.
The knobs doing very well on the sound of the preamp and the lamp is very effective (not just a selling point), we end up with a very versatile amp in the legs. Nice eh?
I use this amp for 6 months after playing on Ashdown (good), Warwick (very badly treated, but not bad) and Laney (bad). I have long hesitated to play at all but a herniated disk light was right in my hopes. Then I realized that with ruis a good hybrid amp and a good pedalboard, you could compete with any tube amp on stage. And I take what I say. The day I will have roadies, full of money and technicians, I might have a Hiwatt Custom 200.
At this price (I ordered the States to ... no, I will not tell you hey hey but it was a pittance), we have excellent sound quality and weighs just amazing (I do not kidding is REALLY impressive). So yes, I would do this choice.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
kesan-de-kas's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- Prampli lamp quip Select a Ruby 12AX7
- Digital SMPS Power Amplifier (swith mode power supply) as the Markbass F1.
- Power: 375watts/8ohms / 600watts 4ohms!!
- Total weight: 1.36 pounds!!
- Class D Amplification
- Gain 12AX7 (which can provide an overdrive pedals such as the sound is good!)
- Volume of prampli
- Master gnral
- Legalization four bands: Bass, Mdiums (boost / cut) / Mdiums paramtriques (150Hertz to 2kHz), Treble
- 3 types of filters enable / disable faade and footswitch: LF Boost (boost low) MID scoop (hollow mdiums), HF Attack (Boost the treble).
- Mute function in faade and footswitch
- Tmoins light: Mute, LF boost, MID Scoop, HF Attack, CLIP / lim, signal, Thermal, Protect, Operate, Input O / L (overdrive).
- Aluminium and solid ultra lgr.
- From Jack
- Tuner out
- Connection to Footswicth
- Auxiliary input
- Effects loop (send / return)
- DI being protected against the power "phantom" (rglages: Lift / ground; Post / pre [prlve signed it before or after the tagus pramplification] Mic / Line Level )
- 2 Speakon outputs. No connection jack for HP.
- Practical: Slecteur Voltage 115/230 volts. if you change the country is safe food Pipelines Limited to operate in both 115volts and 230 in 50 and 60 hertz! saw.
- Button on / off up the rear of the beast.
What could be more complete?! Lgr is ultra rugged, all you need. You can also connect your MP3 player with headphones and play Auxiliary ... Note: THERE IS NO NEED TO CONNECT TO THE CABINET FOR TTE turn on .. so really convenient.
The configuration is simple ... you plug any dish and dj ... it's great that I markbass silent fan of, I'm on the c **... a really sounds clearer, more ar. especially it's really more Fidler.
The rglages are simple provided we know how to use mdiums parameter.
The filters are effective and well targeted. THE HF attack is perfect to give prsence of the instrument, combined with the LF Boost is perfect for the Slap! .. You go up a little gain of 12AX7 and here we are with a nice growling sound yet clear trs.
It carries the head with extreme ease ... you play with headphones o you want without having to plug in speaker, the DI test is quick trs far better than my old markbass ( c'tait parasit too ...). I have not yet rebuilt my setup lctrique ...
I have no footswitch but j'apprcie normment: strong and rapid variations are possible on a Ms. Moreau.
For now I use the amp head with Warwick Cabinet WCA 112 N (previously I used a Markbass TA 501 + 121H traveler) and admnage while respecting the color of my Warwick streamer Jazzman. redcouvre opportunities for my bass ..
On this point I'll wait a bit before .. But lend me what I can here is what I can say for now:
- Transparent from what I could connatre: Markbass LMII, SA450, TA501.
- I do not need distortion pedals (I use an EBS Valvèdre before).
- Which quickly became his typical "lights" with a legalization cohrente and a sufficient gain on the 12AX7.
The particular feature I love is the switching between a sound close to an amp lights and sound ultra-modern and ultra clean "fast" (sr gets along there is between these two points versatility ...)
Nothing for me .. ah dplaire if only one little thing but it dtail and we must find a default ...
if you buy the pdalier it will be bigger and heavier than the amp ... it has not bte?!
quality price ratio for the time much better than my old Markbass TA 501 1100 euros ......
What has always gn in markbass is that all the instrumentals that I have branch in sonn often with shades as close c'tait day and night ... (kind a Jazzbass and warwick for example!)
I mean well-sr is a reconnat Jazzbass and a musicman warwick or through any Markbass, but I believe that a sound envelope is always manifested in marco and kills a little personality of the instrument.
short for the moment I'm delighted really excellent.