My parents had bought in 1977. It wrong!
Entry level perhaps, but direct drive motor, very reliable.
Advantage: low noise, low friction and no belt.
According to the notice, think oiling the axis every 1000h (by removing the tray).
However it happened to me a very simple little problem to solve (15-20 minutes). That's why I told you.
INTRODUCTION: I apologize for not taking pictures. The advantage of Technics is that all elements are very well marked. It is not necessary to be an electronics / electrical engineer.
SYMPTOMS: The turntable, with or without the presence of a disk and any speed (45/33 rpm). You adjust the "pitch" with the strobe and when you come to a stop "-", the table rotates too fast ...
REPAIR: simple, simply adjust both potentiometers 50k internal using a screwdriver. One 45trs allows adjustment and the other for the 33trs. These are located on the map of engine power (and therefore in the unit). In my case the initial setting was right stop (for 2 potentiometers) I have adjusted half.
METHOD OF TROUBLE: 1) preparation: Attach the arm, remove the tray (single manual removal) and return the unit.
2) Remove the 6 screws on the back of the unit and remove the black cover. You will see the electronics. Do not hesitate to clean while being careful not to remove the mechanical fat (brown) and the thermal paste (white) for cooling you transistor.
3) Remove the 6 screws of the large PCB. The power board for the motor drive. You will spot easily: follow the map knobs of "pitches", it has 3 son color output. These three conductors are connected to the power board, the dismount.
4) Remove the card carefully, it will be difficult because the pin motors are fixed on the card, component side, and connected by a terminal below. This system by "locking". Component side, a piece of aluminum on the side of the thermal paste will also withdraw.
5) the card in hand, it'll just set the two potentiometers with a small Phillips screwdriver. Where are they? It's simple, solder side it says "pitch, 33 and 45" with three terminals, these are those.
6) It remains for you to back up the beast and possibly spreading the thermal paste using a small screwdriver. This ensures contact between the aluminum component part and the aluminum chassis.
7) test and see, you'll be able to reset the pitch with the wheels.
I hope this has been very useful and that the explanation is clear enough.
I bought a SL3200 the age of 14, there a. .. 35 years!
2 pices "wear" the bearing of the central pivot, and the arm ... In other words, indestructible! My use of the time silent plutt "pseudo DJ, evening between friends."
I just put it back in service, with a Harman Kardon HK3390 amplifier and a MUCH Elipson 7002 vintage. I shall not change for anything! (I'll just replace my Shure M75 through M97)
Although recess is not intended to stage a DJ, but to use the stereo MODEL dentre dfend plutt range is good, especially for the price which is can be found on the market of the occasion, namely between 30 and 60.
The quality of manufacture is very honorable for this product line, although the matrial utiliss LGERS are much more than a pro MODEL. Lanecdote for the engine is identical to that of the MK2, but with less torque. However, this is much better than a turntable belt. Unlike public MODELS else sold by Technics that look more like a gas factory a four stage, the SL3200 is relatively simple and reliable, which is not the case in some models trs they age badly. Fortunately, because it would be hard to find spices replacement for a product like this.
In terms of benefits, so we note:
Lentran direct that provides much better reliability quune belt
The relative quality of construction (cest all of the same manufactured by Technics)
A good quality arm recess dune fixation dot that allows EMS Careers News virtually all cells including bananas
And of course the unbeatable price on the market of loccasion
Its main weaknesses are:
The rglage speed manual (operation via lpoque Reserved quartz as the high-end), which requires adjusting the pitch of the stroboscope ugly. This would not be a problem if potentiomtres of rglage ntaient not so bad place and that the slightest movement was not enough to distort the rglage.
Chssis The plastic is certainly solid, which put a little cheap and overnight stability (although it would be crazy to scratch it, so its not that bad)
In conclusion we have to do a good small plate that will make great service those who want their ticket costs skeuds home and do not want (can) not all decks more sencombrer dun mixer. A choice between a platinum prize such as TSB and my 3200, there is no photo, I keep this one, especially since I do not mix with.
TD92's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Good evening, I plan to buy a new turntable.
My choice was directed towards a Technics turntable. On the net I saw a Technics SL 3200 turntable, Technics SLQ or D 33. It is the best for you?? And what budget to find one used for cheap??
Maybe a Technics SL 1700, what do you think??