Create an account

or

Thread Logic to... garageband?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Logic to... garageband?
Hi,
recently I've decided to move from pc to Mac.
I had worked for a while in Logic, so I have some projects saved in that format.
I know it might not be possible but I'm wondering if anyone knows any converter or any useful information to load in some manner that works in a garageband format, until I definetely switch to Apple Logic (it could not be in the near future).
thank you
M

%1$s a écrit Hi,
recently I've decided to move from pc to Mac.
I had worked for a while in Logic, so I have some projects saved in that format.
I know it might not be possible but I'm wondering if anyone knows any converter or any useful information to load in some manner that works in a garageband format, until I definetely switch to Apple Logic (it could not be in the near future).
thank you
M

Are you working with MIDI data or just plain audio files? What sample rate for your audio files? If you are using both, you'll have to find out if Garageband supports not only the MIDI programming, but also the sample rate of your audio files; for example, 16-bit at 44.1k...or 24-bit at 96k. I imagine, however, that when it comes to proprietarily exclusive features of Logic, you won't be able to import those things into Garageband, such as a Logic session file or any thing else that is program specific. If it's as typical as most DAW software, you should be at least able to import RAW audio, so long as it was recorded at a sample rate that Logic supports.

I'm not sure what Garageband supports, but here's the source for info:

https://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/explore.html

Good luck! Hope GB works for you during your PC-MAC transition! :)

EDITED with the following:

Found this out for you nooneknows.

https://www.apple.com/support/garageband/

Did you know...

-You can edit any Software Instrument loop using standard music notation? Just double-click a loop in the timeline, click the music note button in the editor, and drag-and-drop notes as desired, or Command-click on the staff to add a note.

-You can import audio and MIDI files into projects? GarageBand 2 allows you to drag-and-drop AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV, MP3, AAC (except protected AAC files), and MIDI files directly onto the timeline.

-You can use third-party Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins in GarageBand? Drag plug-ins into /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, and restart GarageBand. To use an instrument plug-in, add a new Software Instrument track and choose your new instrument from the Generator pop-up menu. To use an effects plug-in, select a track, open the Track Info window, and choose the effect from one of the effects pop-up menus."