or
Create an account

or

Thread Ordered new computer for my home studio... cheap, fast, new...

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Topic Ordered new computer for my home studio... cheap, fast, new...
So i just spent $700 on a really flying machine. I got a pentium D 2.8 ghtz processor on a decent board, with 4 PCI slots, an AGP slot AND a PCI express slot. It has space for ddr and ddrII ram, so i bought 1gig of 667mhtz PC3200. Im using a behringer studio mixer, its a small 8 channel mixer connected into 2 channels on a tascam US428. For the dollar, the US428 is a steal. USB connectivity with minimal delay, mulit channel recording for up to 4 tracks, even on my crappy 800mghz. I kinda wish it was firewire and faster though, but the way i create music is different. Im running fruity loops, reason and acid to create instrumentals, and i do single channel recording to create layers. Then i get the females for the vocals. Then the rapping begins. I play jazz too, and thats the only thing i need multi channel recording for. Anywayz, i also got a DVD burner and 200gb SATA Maxtor harddrive, an old MSI ti4800 card (128mg AGP x 8) and a really sweet case with an led temp display on the front, ha ha. Ofcourse i payed the extra dollar for the quietist fans and case, only like 30 dollars extra.

So to break it down, i got the case, quiete power supply, quiete fans, DVD burner, 200GB SATA hard drive (with 16mgs of cache) , ASrock mother board, pentium D 2.8ghtz, 1 gig of pc3200 667mghz ram and some cool looking LED package, lol, had to throw that in. :D

it all comes with a 1 year warranty too

Everything else i had, the video card, US428 and behringer. I use a yamaha p200 for my controller and i use it to record some really nice piano, rhodes and organ sounds.

Anywayz, cant wait till it gets here, ill keep yall posted as i rebuild this lil in-home studio. Happy recording.
O yeah, forgot to mention, if you guys want to know where i got it... www.supergooddeals.com *go to barebones*. If any of you have some advice for me about possible hardware conflicts please do tell as well. if anyone needs help putting something like this studio together im totally down to throw in my 2 cents. Lata