or
Create an account

or

Thread which computer and what hardware for cubase sx 2.0

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 which computer and what hardware for cubase sx 2.0
ok, i've decided to go with a pc for recording my music. i want to do this on a laptop so that i can take it with me and record in some different environments. my apartment doesn't offer the best acoustical setting in the world. i'd like some advice on what to look for when i'm shopping for a new laptop, and some good places to look. the computer will probably be used for a few other applications such as internet access, but mostly just for recording. i've looked at a few of the virtual studio softwares, and so far i like cubase sx 2.0. does anyone have any experience with this software? it's my understanding that i will need (not necessarilly need, but would make the work much easier) an outboard controller of some sort. i think i like the houston controller that steinberg offers along with its software. does anyone have any experience with this piece of equipment, or can anyone suggest any other outboard controllers for a setup like i've described? what other softwares or hardware (other than mics of course) will i need to get started? i know i have a lot of questions, but i'm anxious to learn and get started. and i'm sure there will be many more questions in the future. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

papasauls
ok, after reading some of the posts on cubase, maybe i don't want to use that software. i've seen that some people have problems with crashing and i don't want that. any suggestions for an alternate and what would be the optimum computer setup for particular software? thanks again.

papasauls