Korg D16XD
guitargero guitargero

«  Complete, simple, efficient, convenient! »

Publié le 05/05/11 à 11:34
I will not describe here the technical characteristics of D16XD, you just know that:
-The screen is touch-
We can save up to 16 tracks simultaneously if necessary,
We have a few effects editable and storable,
It is very easy to transfer a component of the korg to his computer via USB or CD,
It provides phantom power for microphones,
-Input attenuators ("pads" with useful examples for a guitar amp plugged directly into the simulation via a korg HP) ...
-All the tracks has a separate EQ
-...
Usage is very simple, but reading the manual seems essential to me!

In creating the piece, it is possible to create a "map" of the song so that will cut the duration of the piece measures, making them easier to find markers, and functions of copy / paste "," insert steps from here to there "so much easier than if we do not have benchmarks.
This map creation will start up (or not) the metronome which is fully adjustable (volume, battery rhythm pattern, rhythm pattern play, whether it's 4 / 4, 3 / 4, 7 / 8 ...).

The manual is clear, it took me about two days to read and take control of the machine.
The main function is to understand the following:
can locate a "loc in" and "loc out" two kinds of time markers, the desired moments of the song, then you can choose to:
-Delete any particular track between these two markers,
-Insert blank measures between these two benchmarks,
-Copy the interval between these two benchmarks,
- Etc. ....

The sound is very good, provided you have a pair of proper enclosure behind!
But I always manage to have good sound for my catch guitar, drums, keyboards ...
Anyway the sound quality depends on too many different factors to judge only the korg on this one (type of room, studio monitors, quality microphone ...).
I plan to buy a T-type carbon microphone singing sct2000, I'll post an edited review once I tested the votes taken!

I want to say that when I connect my preamp Peavey Rockmaster with the simulation of HP from Rocktron is integrated into multi effects Rocktron Multivalve I use, I sound CRAZY! Over the speaker phone has never interfered in the registration of a party.

I use it for about 2 years I made a model on this unit, I recorded my songs personal, I am using the D16XD listen to CDs, to practice my guitar, playing the synth ...

I think it's a great machine that surpasses many so-called "portable studio". This is clearly the most amateur equipment.
THIS IS NOT A TOY, just look at the price new at the time.
Over the Korg D16XD is very reliable, never had a failure.

Then I would add that it is always possible, once recorded the song to remix / mastering / editing on computer ...

Images linked to this review

• photo