Roland D-70
Roland D-70

Digital Synth from Roland .

sersy sersy
Publié le 06/10/09 à 06:03
Keyboard 76 semi-weighted keys
For the technical description, my prédessesseurs grafted very busy.

This synth is really a special case in Roland. Its architecture could not be more twisted!
Not ergonomic for a penny with his superiors tone / patch / Perf, editing is difficult, but navigating the beast is like "taking head".

The output of this synthesizer (1990) coincides with the emancipation of the South and on this point, it offers some interesting parameters in both master keyboard that slave.
By autonomous we can bemoan the inability to stack the sounds in the mode "perf" and requires that the D70 is controlled by another machine so that it becomes interesting.

Certainly sounds are outdated now, but curiously, this D70 has a grain apart which makes it really endearing. Personally, when I can not find the sound in some of my other machines, I found my salvation in the D70!
At the level of expression, it is very good and I put a special mention for the keyboard very pleasant and progressive (but aging badly, alas!)
The effects are very basic and very poor quality but adequate.
The piano sound is very good in a mix. For others it sounds better to try to create that imitate instruments.

Bought new in 1990
Like the grain noise, light weight and feel (when the keyboard still works!)
Today, my needs have changed and this keyboard does not suit me more because of how "performance" archi limited quantity and low tones in mm.
But I must admit that putting your fingers on it ... I was always inspired

Warning touch ages badly. Personally, in addition to conventional wear rubbers, I see the tabs for a year ballast (as keys) come off. And the glue that kept them red, thick and very sticky runs slowly ...