[NAMM] 4 Numark DJ controllers go to v2
Numark announces at NAMM 2013 the launch of the NS7 II, Mixtrack Pro II, Mixtrack II DJ and iDJ Live II controllers.
Mixtrack Pro II 2 channel USB controller with audio interface features a new streamlined design and a new expanded layout of controls, including 16 backlit multifunction drum pads and illuminated touch-activated platters. Hot cues, looping, crossfader, 3-band EQ and effects controls are all onboard, along with a built-in DJ audio interface. Mixtrack Pro II comes with Serato DJ Intro and it also comes pre-mapped for an optional upgrade to Serato DJ.
Mixtrack Pro II will be available in stores in January 2013 with an estimated street price of $299.
The Mixtrack II 2 channel USB controller also received the same layout with two illuminated jogs, 16 backlit rubber drum pads, 16 dedicated effects controls. It also features a complete mixer section with crossfader and 3-band EQ and ships with Virtual DJ LE software.
iDJ Live II features an updated low-profile design and USB connectivity, allowing it to perform with both laptop-based and mobile DJ platforms. iDJ Live II features a standard layout of DJ controls, including a crossfader, EQ knobs, and capacitive touch-activated platters. The design of iDJ Live II has also been slimmed down with redesigned platters that are now low-profile. A headphone/speaker splitter cable is also included and it ships with Algoriddim djay LE for Mac.
Last but not least, NS7 II features four channels, 16 backlit RGB velocity-sensitive MPC pads from Akai Professional, expanded effects controls—including touch-activated knobs and filters—and integration for Serato DJ. NS7 II’s 16 MPC pads can be instantly assigned to control five dynamic performance features in Serato DJ: Cues, Loop, Roll, Sampler, and Slicer. In addition, each pad features RGB illumination assignable via MIDI, and four-channel mixer works with or without a computer and includes a full array of external device inputs. Capacitive touch-activated filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs are other features incorporated from Akai Professional. DJs can use them for instant-on parameter control, blending effects, and instant frequency kills.
NS7 II Features :
- 7” motorized turntables with 3600 ticks of resolution
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in
- 16 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC pads from Akai Professional
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs
- High- and low-torque turntable settings, 33rpm or 45rpm
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls
- Strip Search virtual needle-drop technology
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader
- Rugged all-metal construction
- Integrated laptop stand
- Serato DJ software included with dedicated iZotope effects controls
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- The top budget CD decks for DJs Even if DJs are turning more and more towards immaterial formats nowadays, it's still useful to keep a good old CD player lying around, one that can play back normal Red Book CDs as well as those stacked with compressed files. There are different models for around $500. We asked the global Audiofanzine community which ones are their favorites, so without further adieu, here are the best CD decks for DJ according to you!
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.