[NAMM] Pioneer DDJ-SZ MIDI Controller announced
Professional DJs will discover tomorrow at the NAMM Show 2014 the new flasgship MIDI controller from Pioneer, namely the DDJ-SZ.
The Pioneer DDJ-SZ MIDI control surface is the largest model of the range, with a 35% wider chassis than the other controllers of the DDJ range. It is optimized and ships with Serato DJ and sports a new look inspired by the Pioneer CDJ players.
This oversized DDJ-SZ allows for the addition of new physical controls, including larger jog wheels, 2x8 multicolor blacklit performance pads, a full 4-channel mixer, 2 USB ports and a Magvel crossfader.
- 4 audio channels, 2 microphone channels
- 8.1” jog wheels with a center display for playback state, cue points and position ; jog resistance adjustment
- 2 x 4 effects : Hot Cue, Roll, Slider and Sampler
- 2 x 8 pressure sensitive performance pads
- 2 USB ports for simultaneous connection to two computers
- Mixer with Sound Color FX (tempo-synced Pitch, Jet, Echo and Filter), Oscillator (Noise, Siren, Cymbal and Horn effects with adjustable level) and DVS support
- Magvel crossfader
- Slip mode
- Needle Search function
- Built-in audio interface
- P-Lock Fader Cap
- Automatic Standby
- 4 RCA CD/line inputs
- 2 RCA phono inputs
- 2 XLR and 1/4” microphone inputs
- 2 RCA and XLR Master outputs
- 1/4” Booth output
- 2x 1/4” and 1/8” headphone outputs
The US suggested price of the new Pioneer DDJ-SZ is $1999. Full details are available at pioneerdjusa.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] New Allen & Heath Xone mixer announced Allen & Heath will introduce at Winter NAMM 2014 a new Xone 2+2 mixer for DJ, namely the Xone:23.
- Mixvibes launches the 3rd version of Cross Cross for Mac and PC has been updated to version 3, which focuses on video mixing and adds improvements to audio.
- DVS support in new Serato DJ v1.6 beta version Serato released a public beta version of its Serato DJ v1.6 software, which adds DVS support.