[NAMM] New Pioneer XDJ-RX controller
Pioneer unveiled the latest generation of its MIDI controller for DJ that works with rekordbox, the XDJ-RX.
With the Pioneer XDJ-RX surface control, the DJ can mix without the need of a computer. This new model inherits part of the specifications from the NXS series, with an additional Loop Slice feature that is controlled via the built-in pads and the ability to load songs from the Pioneer rekordbox software stored on a USB drive or the iOS/Android app (requires a wired connection).
The XDJ-RX is the first Pioneer DJ controller to be equipped with a large LCD screen that displays information for both channel simultaneously (waveforms, playback positions, BPM and beat grids).
You’ll also find on this new mode two large CDJ-style jogs and direct access to the beat sync, Slip mode, cue and loop quantize. Pads allow for accessing hot cues and Auto Beat Loops, and the DJ can also slice loops on the fly thanks to the new Loop Slice feature.
Last, the XDJ-RX includes the now famous Sound Color DX and Beat FX and you can record your performance directly to a UBS drive.
- Large 7” LCD screen with waveform zoom, countdown, effect information, quantize status, BPM, hot cue and more for each channel simultaneously, song browse and select with artwork display, an lighting system that highlights songs that in rekordbox, have the same key as the current master track
- 2 USB players and 2-channel mixer
- Quantize, tempo sync and Slip Mode
- 4 touch pads per channel to trigger hot cues, set Auto Beat Loops and slice loops (1, 2, 4 or 8 beats) and then remix them on the fly, with two playback modes
- 4 Sound Color FX: high and low-pass filters per channel, noise gate/compressor and crush
- 8 Beat FX; delay, echo, spiral, reverb, flanger, pitch, roll and trans
- Powered by the Pioneer rekordbox app
- Built-in USB soundcard
- Works as a standalone mixer with 2 RCA line/phone inputs
- 2 microphone inputs (1/4” and XLR)
- 2 Master outputs (XLR and RCA)
- Booth output (1/4” jack)
- 2 headphone outputs (1/4” and 1/8” jacks)
- LAN port
- Supports MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files
- Audio resolution: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz
- Dimensions: 782.2 x 411.9 x 104.2mm
- Weight: 8 kg
Discover the new Pioneer XDJ-RX at pioneerdj.com. The controller will be available in February for the suggested price of 1 499 €.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] 2 new Casio Trackformers for DJs Casio will showcase at NAMM 2015 two new portable devices for DJ in the Trackformer series, the XW-DJ1 controller and the XW-PD1 groove center.
- [NAMM] The Pioneer DDJ-SZ in Gold finish Pioneer will showcase at NAMM 2015 the Gold limited edition of its awarded DDJ-SZ MIDI controller for DJ.
- Serato launches software bundles Serato added to its store five bundles for DJs and VJs featuring its software and effect packs, all available at interesting prices.