MixVibes has launched free version 2.4 of its Cross and CrossDJ software for Mac and PC. Its brings to major improvements, 4-deck and Sync Link modes.
Cross 2.4 now supports full 4-deck setup, which can be controlled by Pioneer CDJ and other MIDI controllers. Mappings for the most popular 4-deck controllers have been updated in order to support this new feature.
Decks C and D can be switched to players or samplers. The sampler graphic interface has been optimized for improved readability. Each pad now has its own waveform, so that the DJ can easily identify the type of sample being played.
The update also adds a Sync Link mode, inspired by the CDJ 2000 Nexus controller. Each deck being in Sync mode follows the master deck tempo, the "master" status being automatically set. Plus, it is possible to manually and independently control the phase of each deck with the pitch bend control.
The trigger mode remains accessible via the Preferences.
Other new features in Cross v2.4:
- New mappings for Numark MixTrack, MixTrack 2, MixTrack Pro 2, Denon SC-2900 and Pioneer DDJ-WeGO hardware controllers
- 4 or 8 locator display
- Playlist full length display
- Audio routing for the 4 stereo outputs to external mixers
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.