Agrandir

Audience: Advanced users Value For Money : Excellent
  • CruderCruder

Kit with great sound

Salmiéri Drums ARTIST STUDIO IIPublished on 03/02/21 at 00:10
    I came across this kit when I was searching the net for 'something else'. Having grown tired of the usual brands with all their series ranging from ridiculously expensive to 'why did you produce this crap quality' of drum kits.
    This kit was offered for a reasonable price and, after doing some research on the names Salmieri and Prodipe, I thought I should take a look.
    I did buy the kit and I have not been disappointed. The Bass (22') is closed and has a distinctive sound, it is very loud, but in a musical way. It can be tuned very low and it still sounds good.
    The snare (14') is fine to work with: solid sound. No surprises there.
    The toms (10' and 12') are my favorite: I love them! The c…
    The snare (14') is fine to work with: solid sound. No surprises there.
    The toms (10' and 12') are my favorite: I love them! The choice of wood used in this kit (sapele) really pays out with these guys!
    There are two floortoms (14' and 16') of which the 14' could have been left out, it does not add anything to this kit in my opinion.
    The 16' floor is great, no comments.
    Furthermore: the hardware that comes with it is okay, but not high end. Particularly not that fond of the hi-hat stand and snare stand.

Overall: great kit which I use a lot in different styles of music. Good value for money (if bought second hand) and good looking!. If you take the good parts (leave out the 14' floor) and add some good hardware it will last you a life time.