Universal Audio releases new UAD-2 line
Universal Audio has announced the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins and PCIe DSP Accelerator Card for DAWs.
The UAD-2 is the successor to the UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins & DSP Card Platform. UAD-2 offers scalable DSP power via 3 different types of cards (Solo, Duo or Quad) which can be mixed or matched in any combination up to 4 cards. Each UAD-2 is powered by the same Analog Devices® 21369 SHARC® floating-point DSP in single and multi-chip configurations. UAD-2 offers 2.5X (Solo), 5x (Duo) and 10X (Quad) the power of UAD-1. The UAD-2 is designed and manufactured in the USA, is now shipping and immediately available at UA dealers worldwide in 9 different hardware/software bundles ranging in street price from US$499 (UAD-2 SOLO) to US$1999 (UAD-2 Nevana 128).
- 2.5X (Solo), 5X (Duo), 10X (Quad) the power of UAD-1 on a single PCI Express card
- VST and AU support, cross platform Mac OS X Leopard/Tiger, Win XP/Vista (NOTE: RTAS support to follow in a future 5.x release)
- Easily Expandable DSP - Use up to 4 UAD-1 & 4 UAD-2 cards in one system
- LiveTrack™(low-latency track/monitor mode)L.O.D.E™(Live Optimizing DSP Engine)
- SessionMap™(bi-directional UAD-1<>UAD-2 session compatibility & DSP manager)
- UAD-2 Solo ( $499) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $50 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Duo ( $899) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $50 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Quad ($1,499) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $50 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Solo Flexi ($799) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $500 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Duo Flexi ($1,199) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $500 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Quad Flexi ($1,799) includes UA Mix Essentials 2 and a $500 UAD Plug-In Voucher
- UAD-2 Nevana 32 ($749) includes UA Mix Essentials 2, a $100 UAD Plug-In Voucher and the Neve 88RS Plug-In
- UAD-2 Nevana 64 ($1,499) includes UA Mix Essentials 2, a $100 UAD Plug-In Voucher and all Neve Plug-Ins
- UAD-2 Nevana 128 ($1,999) includes UA Mix Essentials 2, a $100 UAD Plug-In Voucher and all Neve Plug-Ins
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?