Reason Studios Reason 3.0
Reason Studios Reason 3.0

Electronic Music Sequencer from Reason Studios belonging to the Reason series.

Publié le 02/10/09 à 12:09
Propellerhead Reason 3.0 is a multi purpose electronic music sequencer. It works on its own for composing MIDI and virtual based instruments and also can be rewired into an audio sequencer like Pro Tools or Cubase. I was able to install Reason 3.0 easily on a number of different systems. It is easy to do as I've never had an compatibility issues. I don't have a manual for this software, but it could definitley come in handy as the program is pretty in depth.

I am currently running Reason 3.0 on a Mac Book Pro with a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I used to run it on a Hewlett Packard lap top with a 3.0 Ghz processor and 2 GB of RAM. I have been able to run this smoothly on both systems both as a stand alone and running it through Pro Tools LE via rewire. Reason 3.0 has run smoothly since I installed it.

I've been using Reason 3.0 for about three or four years. I use it for programming drum beats to use as a scratch track. I use it with an M-Audio Keystation 49e to play the virtual instrument in the sequencer. I mostly use the redrum and looper sections of this program, but the synthesizers also sound great. I usually put the drum beat back into Pro Tools and record acoustic instruments over it. Reason is a powerful piece of software with a lot of capabilities. I don't know what other software I would compare this to other than Apple Logic as they are somewhat similar. I like both programs for different reasons and both work great in a number of different situations. I love using Reason 3.0 and hope I am able to upgrade to Reason 4 as I have heard great things about it!