Mackie Onyx Satellite
Mackie Onyx Satellite

FireWire audio interface from Mackie belonging to the Onyx series.

Natspace Natspace
Published on 06/14/08 at 05:51
Last Update: 08/2007

What technical specifications motivated your choice? All ;-)

For what purpose? Unplugged, Live.

What is your config (motherboard / CPU / Ram / Hard ,...)?
AMD Opteron 170 (2.3 Ghz) Ram & 4Gode Turion 64 X2 2GB Ram
Windows XP SP2 (on 2)

Which instruments or Systmes (console, prampli, DTD ...) you use it and how connections? ... Nothing for now.

Installation is no problem it? Yes nickel, After a few worries coming from one of my machines (HS PCI Firewire card and therefore non-functional), the installation went very simple and without any worries

Have you experienced any incompatibility? Not at all
Gnrale configuration is easy? Yes RAS of ct lbr />
The manual is clear and sufficient? So long to learn to read some English ;-)

GETTING STARTED

The drivers are stable? Nickel Yes, I expect to do even more tests to rate a prcis more on the subject.

Are they often put day I can not judge what relement cot but the Mackie dj leave days taken on their site (Firmware & Driver)

What software do you use most often? Cubase Sx & Energy XT

What you get lag? 5ms

How many tracks you get record / playback simultanment? I do not know, I have not done enough tests

How long have you use it? Days

What is the particular feature you like best and least?
I love this, its CHARACTERISTICS paper, the stability performance, the less I like its interface with little option.

Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
So silent and the only match my expectations for a mobile card.

How do you report qualitprix?
200 for a product is not as good picture ;-)

Exprience with, you will do again this choice? ... Ooh yes!

Conclusion:
This product is of good quality and trs I recommend it highly trs, sutout if like me you may be deu by the brand M-Audio (rev driver unstable)