[NAMM] Behringer Xenyx Q Series USB
Behringer introduces at NAMM 2012 a new series of 13 USB Xenyx USB mixers.
All the Xenyx Q/QX USB Series consoles are equipped with a Kark Teknik FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings. They also include a USB audio interface and a wireless system (not included).
The 13 are suited for various uses and budgets, from the 5-input Q502USB to the 24-input QX2442USB.
Specs - QX2442USB :
- 10 phantom-powered Mic Preamps
- 8 compressors with "one-knob" functionality and control LED
- Klark Teknik FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- "Wireless-ready" for Behringer digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band
- Channel inserts and direct outputs on each mono channel plus main mix inserts
- 4 aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix and subgroup routing switches, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 4 subgroups with separate outputs; 4 multi-functional stereo aux returns
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix; rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~)
The other models in the line are the following:
- QX2222USB : 8 mic preamps, 3 aux sends, 4 stereo line level channels, 2 subgroups
- QX1832USB : 6 mic preamps, 9-band graphic EQ assignable to main or monitoring bus, FBQ feedback detection circuitry, stereo surround 3D XPQ effect, Voice Canceller, 3 aux sens (switchable pre/post), 2 assignable subgroups
- QX1622USB : 4 mic preamps with inserts and 3-band EQ (semi-paramtric EQ), 4 stereo line level channels with 4-band EQ, 2 subgroups
- QX1222USB : 6 mic/line inputs, channel inserts for 1-4 inputs, assignable 7-band graphic EQ, FBQ feedback detection circuitry, 3D XPQ stereo FX, Voice Canceller for karaoke applications
- QX1204USB / Q1204USB : 4 mono mic preamps, 2 stereo channels, 2 aux sends, 2 stereo aux returns
- QX1202USB / Q1202USB : 4 mono mic preamps, 4 stereo channels
- QX1002USB / Q1002USB : 2 mono mic preamps, 4 line level stereo channels
- Q802USB : 8 inputs, including two mic preamps, effect send control on each channel designed to let you use an external FX processor, E/S CD/Tape sur RCA
- Q502USB : 5 inputs, 2 mixing bus, 1 phantom powered mic preamp, British dual-band EQ, E/S CD/Tape sur RCA
Detailed specs for all products are still to be announced.
You can check out the main details here: www.behringer.com/EN/Products/QX2442USB.aspx.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.