- Analog and Digital Console, not rack (I think so anyway).
- 8 analog inputs (5 with mic preamps with phantom power supply, switch mic / line), 10 channels to PC / 10 channels from the PC, connected to the XLR and TRS balanced / unbalanced.
- 3-Band EQ (nonparametric) on each of 8 channels.
- Digital effect section (an effect at a time): 16 effects each with 16 settings (reverb, delay, flanger, chorus, combinations ..)
- ADC / DAC 24bit 96kHz
- No automation (no MIDI at all)
Basically it's a normal 8-input analog console that can be used as such, but with the possibility of independent driving the 8 inputs + 10 tracks to master a soft computer music.
The PC can send 10 channels: 2 are routed to a mixer control room / headphones, the other 8 can be integrated into the overall mix in place of the 8 analog inputs (8 on each of the slices so there is a switch to see if the signal This installment comes from the PC or which is connected to analog).
This is not the purpose of this table, but I wish the 8 channels coming from the PC can also be released independently in analog, as a "sound card" to 8 outputs.
I put 9 because of that, but otherwise it's perfect.
In terms of construction, it is quite correct. I like the sliders for example that are fluid and resist a little, as I like. The chassis is metal, but thin enough it's true. The knobs are plastic smooth pleasant to the touch (it looks like a rubber coat). Those who are accustomed to super pro gear, may find it all too "plastic" but I is correct in relation to price.
- The installation of drivers on a Windows XP very well by following the recommendations of the "QuickStart Guide" (without installing the drivers connected to the table, turn off the PC, plug in, reboot).
- The table is then recognized as an external parfaitment or DirectSound (5 stereo device actually) ASIO evening with 10 in / 10 out.
- All functions are accessible on the tables (and the software control panel as well, but it's really simple).
- The différententes parts of the table are arranged, and there are little drawings, or traits that connects and helps to understand the operation.
- There is no printed manual, but only in pdf (mine was in English, I know if there's one in French). I suits me well, and you can already use the table without consulting him.
I do not have the table for a long time, it is only the first advice I would change maybe ...
- On the face of the console is transparent, the preamps are good, with great fishing. There should be further testing certainly, and I do not really have a point of comparison.
- There is little or no wind brought by the eight slices, the equalizer is effective
- By section against the effect seems to introduce the breath if the fader level of return and too high (it is better to start high).
I 9 for breath effects that bothers me a little but not too much to use as I did.
I use this console for a few days, so my opinion and some first impressions.
I allowed myself to post it anyway, because there is not an opinion on this table, and before I decided to buy one I would have liked to read. I will correct / complete + later if necessary
For what I do (use mostly live) is the perfect product, I particularly appreciate the opportunity to fiddle with the sound of a live analog input and the resort to another channel, while playing a vsti that released on two other channels and at the same time to record four tracks, etc..
I've never tried a device so complete, but I find the value + feature / price really excellent, well thought out. Anyway for now I have not seen any major defects.
I would do the same purchase with no problem.
1 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Anonymous 's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
No, no rack available, even if the record indicates, a module optional racking, M-AUDIO this module does not exist. I contacted M-AUDIO asking them Why they leave publishing to publish false, my answer is that the Marketing and Sales had been advised of this omission.
- How many lanes, bus, auxiliary sends, returns ...)?
It is an 8 / 8 Full and torturing the problem can possibly play on words and say it's a 10/10 vote, which is false.
There is no group, strictly speaking, it was Send in the internal effects processor + For a Send to a external. It can therefore play on words and say we have 2 groups, but we do not do what we want.
there are 2 Aux Sends and 2 Aux Return and DFX return I think.
- What type of connectors (RCA Jack, XLR ...)?
It's Jack or XLR
- The parametric equalizer is it?
Not the parametric equalizer is not, nor cutting up or cutting down.
- The effects section is integrated? ...
Yes There is a digital effect processor. It helps out the proper way.
For digital consoles:
- What is the accuracy of sampling (bits / kHz)?
Max 24Bit / 96K
- Automation is supported?
- What type of sync are supported? ...
No Sync ...
- The general configuration is simple?
Ultra Simple Analog In table is a delight, digital is simple and efficient, nothing to complain about it there.
We can do multitrack recording, but I find myself always made a deal in analog, then re-recorded track to track. Why it is effective.
- The usual functions are they easily accessible?
Yes, only the mix of instruments in the headphone for the singer, who is not intuitive at all. It must refer to this manual, to get there.
It was found that the re-mix with the Aux Send tracks which is not super convenient, but it still works well.
Release "Control Room" + "Main Mix" permit, to have 2 audio systems is quite handy. My recorder is the output "Main Mix", and my speakers on the output "Control Room". So I can listen directly to what I record with a 2nd amp out of the recorder.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
Not sufficient, but clear, yes, we even have examples of usage, quite handy.
I'm still figuring out what are the 16 variations of Internal Digital Effect? Genre Vocal Plate, setting the diference between 4 and 10 is what? that's mysteries, the doc says it's increasingly hard .... Dragged to the caller of a reverb rhythm is much less convenient.
Therefore not sufficient.
I use it for all my compositons, and models, vraimant been no problem, it works without galleys.
- The console is transparent?
No, the preamp can have privileges for a resampler, a Revox B77 (Magneto Band), converting analogue / digital is not great either. I have not much reference to comparré, apart from a pro at 3500Euros Console. This problem did not gain, because I can climb up from the gain in Larsen's what the back as a signal preamp, CA Low medium and lack of Basse.Il must therefore compensate upstream and everything works perfectly.
I use a compressor to "leveling" to my re-samples
Say we must return to earth and at this price point, there was no equivalent of a console Pro Tools but a very effective and Polival.
- Introduced she breath?
It no, no audible breath, a wheezing Légé when an application just initialized the table. But Analog utilidation very, very can of breath. Soivent Plugins Tipe Overdrive or Overdrive are a thousand times more breath as the table. The top was no problem.
When my computer put it in standby (IMac 24 "), the table generates an ICT ICT ICT ICT regular, we must wake the computer from sleep to make it disappear.
- The equalizer is it effective? ...
Yes, we regret that it is not at least on the parametric mid band.
- For how long have you been using it?
2 years or more without failure, I remi my methods of working several times due to better use the small console.
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
What I have not digested it for 600euros she listen, we can not do this without paying for routing software. !.
I was furious and I still want to M-AUDIO for this. When you read articles about it NRV understand that the routing is simple. In practice it is not delivered with a demo of Pro Tools, and without the pro-tools demo finished routing in the first place.
So I search for software did not cost 600 Euros "to make routing" I went to Ardour then Reaper to fill this gap.
The interFX be avoided at all costs. Mac "AU Lab" (Developing Apple SDK) is 10 times better and is native.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
No, I have not tried other models but I have done much research, I decided that this is the price, the NRV10 500Euros costing less than most machines that do that.
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
With the budget I had at the time necessarily yes, there is no choice, but with more money (have to dream it feels good) I would have preferred a sound card format + Rack Console Full Analogue insert more, more to, more of everything.