M-Audio ProjectMix I/O
Kaprikorn Kaprikorn

«  The stroke of luck »

Published on 01/19/12 at 03:42
See other opinions.

Installation on a Mac Pro dual boot.
Installation on OSX as on 64-bit SEVEN nickel. RAS
Used in "Logic Mode" as ... Logic (Mac)
Used "Mackie Control Universal mode" in FL Studio 10 (PC)
I use it exclusively as a control surface to control my DAW and VST.
Why it's great. I spent a little time to link my main plugins with the knobs and faders. But now, I load my plugin in the DAW and I almost never the parameter with the mouse (except for control of VST that are not assignable to the surface)
It's faster, more intuitive. In short, it enriches the creative process drastically.
I read that converters were a little ways. But since (for now) I do not purchase audio ... It does me no problem.

Since I work "all in the box" I have found nothing special about these points.
I work with 96Khz and I feel that the latency is even lower than my old TC Electronic Konnekt 24D.

I've had three weeks.
I was eyeing for a while until the price reduction exceptional (bought 588 euros)
I think it value for money is simply no equivalent for this type of product (+ surface with motorized faders, touch-sensitive LCD screen and integrated sound card)
Before, I had a TC Electronic card on one side, a small area on the other Behringer BCF2000 ... Now I have one device super strong, the perfect finish, LCD off essential (large missing on the BCF 2000 ...)
At this price, I would do this choice more ways than one! I am overwhelmed!