or
Create an account

or

Thread Newbie to 6i6 2nd Gen - HELP!

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Newbie to 6i6 2nd Gen - HELP!
I am not grasping something that's probably simple, but it's not obvious to me. I have two MIDI instruments connected to the interface. Each is connected with mono cords, one per channel. Instrument 1 is connected to inputs 1 & 2. Instrument 2 is connected to inputs 3 & 4.

I am driving the instruments via MIDI using Sonar X3. The interface is connected to the computer with just the USB cable. I hear both instruments through headphones connected to the Monitor 1 output but I hear only instrument 1 through my computer speakers.

Would this be caused by something not configured correctly on the FocusRite Control panel? Or is it more likely due to a setting in Sonar?

Please help the poor newbie get up and running with this new piece of equipment.

Thank you,
UCG Musician
Hi,
An image of your setting in the soft mixer might help a bit. Your problem can be anything ;-)

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in reaching out to you!

Angelle is right in that a image of your Focusrite Control settings would be ideal so that we can see the routing you have selected. Also are you what are you choosing for the Driver type in Sonar?

Just to confirm you are monitoring playback from your computer speakers and not speaker monitors connected directly to your Scarlett 6i6?
Ideally you should be using the Scarlett 6i6 as your Input and Output device since it is the way that you are able to get high quality audio to and from your computer.

If you are still having issues with audio playback, I think that it may be best to open a ticket with us here : https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

This will allow us to do some more in depth troubleshooting!

Best regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support
Hi David,

I will open a ticket. I have come to realize that this unit is not equipped to deal with normal 5.1 sound systems. It has two stereo (or four mono) outputs while I have standard, run-of-the-mill 5.1 speakers that connect to the audio outputs of many, many desktop computers. These common 5.1 systems have three 1/8" stereo mini-plugs that drive a) front right and left speakers, b) rear right and left speakers and c) center channel and woofer. The 6i6 does not have enough outputs nor does it or the accompanying software decode stereo to 5.1 surround sound. That is part of the problem I continue to have with the unit. The rest of it is in the mixing which I have come to understand or least deal with better.

Thanks,
UCG Musician