or
Create an account

or

Thread New Focusrite (2nd gen) 6i6 causing major computer lag. Advice appreciated.

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 New Focusrite (2nd gen) 6i6 causing major computer lag. Advice appreciated.
I just installed the 6i6 and my windows 10 computer is running very slow when I turn on the device. I am getting audio, but there is major visual lag. For example, the level sliders in Focusrite Control take 4 seconds to respond to my mouse which is totally unusable. When I open any pop-up box in windows it is very slow to respond, may get whited out with mouse trails over a transparent background. Windows menus are very slow. Focusrite Control menus are basically unusable. These take a while to resolve. The whole system is extremely laggy. The problem goes away with a restart and turning off the 6i6. I have used the first generation 6i6 in the past also with this machine, and I also had issues with random hanging (especially if turning off the device) , but this is worse. My machine is a custom built Xeon i7 with Asus motherboard. The specs are below. I would appreciate advice on why these Focusrite products are not working well with my system.

Xeon 1650 v3 OC to 4.5
Asus WS-e X99
32 GB RAM
MSI gaming gtx 960
Wireless keyboard/mouse
Razor Gaming mouse
Intel 750 ssd and Samsung EVO ssd.

Thank You.

[ Post last edited on 12/02/2016 at 08:26:08 ]

Hi CaptainJack!

This could be caused by many different things. Have you tried using all the different USB ports on your PC (both USB 2 & USB 3) to see if the same behaviour is exhibited from all ports?

Please also make sure that you are on our latest driver available here: http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/scarlett_2nd_gen/

Does this resolve the issue? If it doesn't please open a support ticket and get in touch with us and we'd be happy to troubleshoot further. Support tickets can be opened here: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Alex // Focusrite Technical Support
Thank You. I got the unit and software working by some kind of luck, but now I have a problem with audio dropouts that I had before with a first gen. scarlet. The device will appear to be working fine until the audio randomly stops after some random time period. FYI, I mostly use the device right now for general windows use rather than audio production. A reset of the device (power on/off or restting the playback device in windows) is required to make it work again. The test in the windows playback devices window does not produce audio when this happens. It also causes video streaming playback to become extremely slow and unwatchable on the web until I turn the unit off and back on. This problem is very annoying. I have tried all the USB ports on my system and the problem remains. It is something going on with my system it appears. I'm afraid I may have to return the product if the issue cannot be resolved soon.

Thanks
CaptanJack

[ Post last edited on 12/09/2016 at 16:04:23 ]

Hi CaptainJoack10,

Sorry to hear that the issues persists!

Just to confirm, you no longer have any 1st gen driver installed on your PC, is that correct?

Are you currently running Focusrite Control 2.1.5 w/ the 4.15 driver?

If you are not, please remove your current Focusrite Control and ALL Focusrite USB drivers. You will then want to disconnect the unit, disable any anti-virus software/firewalls and install the 2.1.5 version from here: https://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/focusrite/downloads/31868/focusrite-control-2.1.5.exe

If the issue should persist,there may be a issue with DPC Latency. If that is the case, please open a ticket with us using the link provided by Alex in his post so that we can offer some more 1 on 1 support for your issue!

Best regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support
Ok, I updated the drivers as you advised (was using older drivers). I am currently testing and will contact support if the issue persists. Thanks for your help!

CaptainJack