or
Create an account

or

Thread 18i8 with garage band on iPad Pro

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 18i8 with garage band on iPad Pro
Has anyone had any success using 18i8 with garage band on iPad Pro . Specifically want to record 4 separate live inputs onto 4 separate channels on an iPad Pro using GarageBand. I am a neophyte who used to have a iMac 20 with logic but I thought it was too cumbersome compared to garage band for spontaneous jamming. Yes, before you comment, I am not that bright and I'm not a very good musician. I would use the idock from focusrite but it only has two inputs (line in and mic).

Thanks

Brettski
Hi Brettski,

Firstly please ensure that you are using the genuine apple camera connection kit to link the two devices. You will then need to select the 18i8 as the audio input device in Garage Band and then create 4 mono audio tracks monitoring inputs 1-4 of the 18i8. You then need to record arm every track (I would check the signal is getting through first) and hit record. This will then record all 4 of the 18i8s combi inputs (on the front of the device).

If you are still having a problem doing this I would recommend getting in touch with us directly and opening a support ticket by navigating to https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Please include any screenshots etc that will help us to see where you are getting stuck.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Tech Support