or
Create an account

or
1 Simplest way to "reamp" guitar through an ADA8000 channel over lightpipe on my Saffire Pro
OK so this is an oddball question, but I'd like to see if it's possible to record two concurrent guitar audio tracks at the same time - one is raw to be modeled later in Amplitube and the other would use my fave distortion pedal. Essentially, in my head it's like reamping without an amp and a mic.

I have a Saffire Pro 40 that's used up with drum mics (master) and a Behringer ADA8000 8ch that's slaved via in/out optical cables. So I'd like to plug my guitar into let's say "Input 16" or the last input on my ADA8000. I'd like for that track to record raw into Logic on an audio track. Then I'd like to essentially duplicate that signal if possible while I'm tracking OUT somehow from either the Pro 40 or the ADA8000 into my distortion pedal. Then of course back IN to let's say "Input 15" on the ADA on another audio track in Logic. I'd probably mute "Input 16" so that I don't hear the clean guitar along with the distorted.

Does this sound possible? I tried messing with it in Mix Control but can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!