or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Forte

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Focusrite Forte
WOW can't believe the new forte doesn't have 4 lineout ouputs but 2 lineout and 2 amplified(headphone)

AND NO SPDIF OUT/IN or adat out/in

THIS IS F.. cking stupid... all those companies are clueless and it make me wanna puke..

WE PAY WHAT 700$ for 4 outputs and they give us OLED instead of basic NEEDED functionality...

we need
ultra stable and low latency asio drivers
spdif in/out + adat in/out (to use external gear when in our studio)
lowest jitter possible (1ppm tcxo and 2 digit picosecond)
external power possible with good quality psu and usb need to be galvanicly isolated
best dacs chip (cs4398 is pretty good but only with good power path and good analog stage..)
best analog stage (better than cheap chips not JRC or NE)
4 analog out (-10db/+4db) (LINEOUT)
stereo headphone out with best amplification possible (can use 2 of the 4 analog out but amp need to be bypassable or have another output jacks for line out) (those need to be on the card not on breakout cable
(this is for djing/live with real dj mixer) CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SO MANY COMPANY DOESNT UNDERSTAND THIS VERY SIMPLE FU.. CKING THIng

input with best DI/48v preamp (for recording and DI )

give us this ASK 100$ more than your already over price selling price, i don't care but DO IT RIGHT.. everybody is copying everybody else.. this is lame.. babyface copied apogee and now you copy babyface.. but YOU COPY ERRORs too??? wtf.. can't you not verify who will use the card, where, how and why????? WHAT DO THEY WAN'T...

i'm tired of all this..

[ Post last edited on 10/05/2012 at 12:41:14 ]

so sad this card has the DAC chip i wanted.. the CS4398 is simply awesome.. airy, snappy, nice mid... the only prob with this chip is crosstalk, but well implemented it's still very good.. in the end.. there is not a lot of other chip use in soundcard that really compete with this one.. if well implemented..

anybody compared the forte output with the tc electronics, scarlett 18i6, babyface and duet 2???

[ Post last edited on 10/07/2012 at 10:45:56 ]