or
Create an account

or
1 Liquid saffire 56. Distortion through monitors - how to stop clipping in saffire mix control?
I have a liquid saffire 56, my aim is to record my Nord Electro 3 keyboard in stereo through the audio interface, then through to logic. The keyboard is connected to the interfaces line (instrument) inputs 3 and 4. My level is coming through the mix control very high and clipping, causing distortion to the speakers. how do I limit the level so it doesn't clip both the left and right stereo signals but also keep a good volume? Also does anyone know which ins and outs correspond to the ins and outs on logic as I have no signal coming through logic yet.

Any advice will be fantastic as I'm new to audio recording and slightly stuck at this point in time.
I have seemed to have solved the first part of my question by simply reducing the gain on both line inputs 3 and 4 on my interface, however I am still trying to get the signal of the Nord through to logic. Apparently the saffire user manual is supposed to provide information on which ins and outs of the daw correspond to those of the focusrite, however I can't seem to locate the information.

Again, any help will be much appreciated!