or
Create an account

or

Thread ISA one Line input

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 ISA one Line input
I just unboxed my new ISA one yesterday and connected it to my guitar preamp. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much of any signal to register on the VU or the LED meters. I tried maxing out the guitar pre and ISA gain and trim and the meters barely moved. I used the 1/4" Line input on the rear due to the preamp supposedly line level output.

I'm baffled as to what may be the problem, or is it me? It's a super simple set up, so what could possibly be wrong?....LOL

Anyone have any suggestions or tips? Is there a learning curve to this unit I'm not aware of? :oo:

Thanks!
Scott

[ Post last edited on 03/17/2014 at 20:33:46 ]

HI Scott,

Thanks for the question.
How does the input level look when you connect your guitar directly to the instrument DI input on the front of the ISA1?
Can you confirm that the output from your guitar preamp is genuinely line-level?
Is there a reason why you wish to go through your Guitar Preamp into the ISA1 as opposed to going direct into the ISA1 and re-amping on computer?

I think what might be easiest here, is if you want to email into the Technical Support team via the contact form on our website.
This way we can deal directly with you via email.

Best regards
Simon// Focusrite Technical Support
Thanks for the reply Simon!

The reason I am going into my preamp first is because that's the way I've done it for years. I've never been a fan of software amp sims, although I do use cab sims.

Admittedly, my setup has changed since getting the ISA One, but I am going to try my "old" setup to see if I fair any better.

Here's my setup I'll try today:
Guitar --> Egnater M4 preamp --> Yamaha MV802 line mixer --> ISA One --> Lexicon Omega Line In/USB --> Logic Pro 9.
If I were to remove the ISA One you would see my setup I've used for years. When I first tried the ISA One, I didn't use the Yamaha. Maybe I got a boosted signal from the Yamaha, but didn't consider it since it is a line mixer. Although, using the line mixer I was able to align a good 0dB signal out and into my computer, via the Lexicon Omega.

Thanks again and I'll post my results. I may email tech support, but I like the public forum too in case anyone else would like to add to the thread.
Hi,

I think it will be helpful to work backwards from the ISA 1. As such, try testing guitar into ISA One DI in (front panel), set the gain level appropriately, then output from the DI out (rear panel) into the XLR in of the Lexicon.
Do you get a good level via that setup?

Best regards
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support