or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite 18i6 Interface issues

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Focusrite 18i6 Interface issues
I've been in touch with Focusrite support. I downloaded & installed the latest drivers. I'm using Windows 8 with a new HP 1Core 7 PC. The MixControl software crashes constantly. The error message pops up stating USB not recognized.
I have to unplug the interface to get it working again. I.m using Reaper - newest version. I've optimized Windows 8 from info I found on the Sweetwater site but the problem continues.
Any suggestions.

Thanks
Eric
Hello Europa_man,

Sorry to hear of the issues with your 18i6, but I am happy to help! Can you tell me what type of processor your PC is using?

The latest full release of MixControl can be downloaded here : http://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/focusrite/downloads/20453/scarlett-mixcontrol-1.8.exe

If your PC has an AMD processor, you may find this article helpful : https://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/my-scarlett-interface-is-having-problems-functioning-on-my-computer-that-has-an-amd

The issue may be DPC Latency related. I see you mentioned visiting Sweetwater's site for tips. Here is a great link to help explain and guide you in testing for DPC : https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

If you currently have an open case with us please provide your results to us.

Best Regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I will update this weekend.

I'm using 4th generation Intel Core i7-4770 Processor
It's a HP Envy 700-329 Desktop.
NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 graphics card with 2BG DDDR3 memory.

Love the interface but hate when I get the dreaded "USB not recognized" error.

Using latest version Reaper 4.78

Regards,
Eric
Hello again,

I am currently using:
MixControl 1.9.64.4
Driver 3.1.206 API 3.0
Firmware 608

This was sent to me by Forusrite support.

I'm always off line will recording & mixing.
The only other things I'm using is a USB mouse.
USB 3 external hard drive.
M-Audio Oxygen 25 occasionally - USB 2
MOTU Micro Express - USB 2

Regards,
Eric
Good morning,

This is quite an unusual issue, please can you try the following to see if it resolves the issue:
Have you tried another USB port? Some are internally hubbed and can cause issues. Please try each one and monitor the performance of the interface.

Please ensure you have disabled power saving mode for USB devices:

In the device manager (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager), in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, right click each USB Root Hub, choose Properties > Power Management and untick the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.

USB Power

If using a Laptop, it could also be worth checking the general power management of your computer:
Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.
Set the Power Scheme to High Performance (if this setting is not available, click on Show additional plans first). Then click on Change plan settings. On the next page set both Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep to Never.

Power Options

Then click Change advanced power settings. In the window that opens make sure you have the following settings:
Hard disc > Turn off hard disk after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
Sleep > Sleep after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > Setting = Disabled
Display > Turn off display after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
Processor power management > Minimum processor state > Setting = 100%
Processor power management > Maximum processor state > Setting = 100%

Please note, not all options may be available.

It could also be worth checking for any available USB/Chipset driver updates for your motherboard, including the latest BIOS updates.

Are you using the original USB cable that came with your interface? If so, please try a different USB cable of equal or lesser length.

Let us know how you get on.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support