or
Create an account

or

Thread Clarett 8 pre Power issue...

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Clarett 8 pre Power issue...
So I just purchased a new Clarett 8pre and set it up in my mobile rig, which I may as well mention that it also contains a Roland Integra 7, all powered by a Furman M8X2 Power Conditioner inside. When I power up everything, the audio interface does not completely power up. Hard to explain, but all I can describe that's happening is that the green power LED turns on fine, but I do not hear the "click" indicating that the preamps have been activated. Even more bizarre is that the Focusrite Control does not recognize the device even when it is plugged in properly to my MacBook Pro computer. The computer is updated with the latest OSX, firmware for the audio interface is updated, I've tried switching cables, replacing audio interface units AND power conditioners, but the same thing happened even after switching out both items. I'm not sure what to do at this point, and I've already gone through the replacement of the gear, and considering just retuning the item. I must mention that the Clarrett 8pre was working as intended when I got it out of the box, but after I switched it off, it started to flip out. I'm hoping somebody reads this and can help me...
Hi Jamal,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues. I suspect that you may have the Roland connected via Midi to the Clarett when you're attempting to turn on the Clarett. This was a known issue that we set about resolving asap.
Please download and install the latest beta version of Focusrite Control which includes a firmware update that fixes a few small bugs, including the Midi issue:

http://beta.focusrite.com/file.php?id=1206

Please let me know how you get on.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Thank you Simon! This seems to have fixed the issue!