or
Create an account

or

Thread Are my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 unbalanced outputs not working properly?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Are my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 unbalanced outputs not working properly?
Hey guys,
1 year ago I bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface. For the last year I've been using only unbalanced outputs 1 and 2 (on the back) to connect my speakers to the interface.
Last week I bought Objective2 amp and Audio Technica R70x headphones. Naturally, I connected Objective2 amp to the unbalanced outputs 3 and 4 on my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 just to find out that they are not working. If I connect either speakers or headphone amp to 1 and 2 they both work no problem (one at a time of course), when I connect them to 3 and 4 there is no sound.

Are my unbalanced outputs 3 and 4 broken or is there some sneaky setting anywhere to enable them? I also tried to connect speakers on 3 and 4 and they are not working, so there is nothing wrong with the amp. I would really like to use both headphones and speakers without having to switch the outputs all the time, so is there any fix for this?
Hi WingsOfTime,

Can you confirm that you are selecting outputs 3/4 in your DAW for the master output? Also are you attempting to monitor outputs 3/4 via Direct Monitoring or playback from the operating system of your computer?

Please keep in mind that the DAW output and the output from your OS will default to 1/2 not 3/4 of the Scarlett.

If you are routing audio to outputs 3/4 in your DAW and the issue persists, please open a support ticket with us here: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Best Regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support