- The installation is done it without problems?
yes, installing the software is clean and without problems. The activation process is less common following (product activation giving access to the forum, and activation of the dongle), you must follow the instructions, which is not very complicated.
- Have you experienced any incompatibilities?
No, as always for the DAW, you should know that some chipsets / motherboards are better suited to this type of work than others, thus have a compatible computer using an audio pro, but that is another matter ...
- The general configuration is easy?
yes, but like any program there are still things to learn, nothing particularly difficult.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
Yes, it would be possible to do better, but the level is quite accurate: It is divided into two parts: a general description of the program and its main tools, with some usage examples, and a reference manual for all menus. The manual is a printed manual in a binder very pleasant to view.
- What is the configuration of your computer? (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk / sound card ..)
Asus P4C800 E Deluxe, Intel P4C 3.4 GHz, 1024 Ram, RME HDSP MADI
- The software works he correctly on this configuration?
- What performance? (If quantifiable)
I think Sequoia quite resource-efficient. It is equivalent to a Pyramix system, which uses dedicated DSP (DAW good too!).
What is especially comsommer DSP, have plug ins that you will use, and there are different patterns in each.
In short, I found the performance very good (draft 48 tracks with automation of volume, EQ / Compressor Reverb, etc ... no problem).
In addition, you can always freezer effects that take too many resources if needed.
- This software + hardware is stable?
- How long have you use it?
4.5 years? (Since version 6)
- What is so special that you like most and least?
most: effects by objects, comparisonic waveforms, the forum and the team of developers as. and many others
minimum: management of LTC sync (which should soon improve), the management of meta data of BWF, lack of opportunity to autoconformation.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
yes, I know Pro Tools, Pyramix, DD1500.
- How would you rate the quality / price?
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Sequoia Samplitude Pro is different from the addition of several functionalities: you see if you need it:
-Montage Source / destination.
Advanced crossfade editor-
and other things (check out the site: www.samplitude.com ( http://www.samplitude.com ) )
The future version 9 will bring new things to be sure, but not for now.
Sequoia pleased me because it is a very stable software and reliable ergonomics and logic I like a lot, the forum is a place where one can have fruitful discussions.
The partner with EDL Convert Cui bono-Soft is a good idea.