Boss CE-3 Chorus (Japan)
Boss CE-3 Chorus (Japan)
bniklazz bniklazz

«  Beautiful and vintage »

Published on 12/26/12 at 06:21
Analog Chorus made in Japan (black label) in 1983.
Battery power or mains but 12V.
Not true bypass ... at the same time it dates from 1983 ...

Easy to use.
A jack and two jack outputs.
3 knobs DEPTH RATE STEREO MODE.
Depth sets the intensity of the chorus and Rate oscillation. Stereo mode allows to connect ... in stereo.
I do not have the manual, but this pedal is easy to understand.
The chorus is very easy to find.

My chorus is plugged into the effects loop.
At first I thought this feeble chorus as the red LED.
In fact the food was 9 volt. As soon as I put the 12 volt, then everything changed.
Ok it is not true bypass but it affects very little about the sound (effects loop). on the other hand, if it falls in the harbor ... bah you have more sound at all.
The chorus is very fine and subtle, very "organic" hot.
Do not push the settings to give substance if its environmental sick (seasick). That said we can start on experimental sounds ;)

I use the chorus for 8 months, I once had a built-in chorus amp Rocktron. The Boss gives a more warm and round it was the analog anything.
Less clear and precise as digital and this is why I love this CE-3.
But it's good, then there are better yes, but at what price?
Then she has the mouth this vintage Boss!
Above all, do not forget to supply 12 volt! Otherwise, it is flat.
I got to 60 €, at this price you do not take the risk!