Nameofsound NOS'DRIVE
Nameofsound NOS'DRIVE
mikethehobbit mikethehobbit

«  The overdrive that drive, the true .... »

Publié le 04/24/11 à 01:23
so it's a custom overdrive pedal made by Gerard of NOS in

Found over the three red knobs that control the gain, tone, and finally the volume of the effect.
so it's simple and without making head, and of course, that sounds right away.
And to start it all, a switch and a sturdy blue LED to display the on / off.

on the back side, a solid entry 9V (the small cable to connect a battery comes with a great fleet), and an instrument input on the right and exit on the left.

it all housed in a box really strong and very simple (you can hit the bass with the pedal fears nothing), orders are etched directly into the metal at the rear of the pedal.
I like this style of construction with no frills and no small flower, or questionable color, so I put a 10 for the features. (Tiens!! Think I'll have to put one shot at my drummer too ...)

pedal has crossed the ordeal of the live last night for the first time:
the usage point of view, nothing more simple guitar amp pedal and pedal in front.
voila it connected, and it sounds right away.
no manual, the ear is much better than pages of explanation.

and as it is an overdrive pedal and although she has done her job perfectly.
Note 9 for easy operation and ergonomics really well thought out.

I tried two different configurations:
ON A CLEAR CHANNEL:

it gives one side rock and roll, not the 50s, that of ac / dc with little gain and a volume loud enough. and you climb the drive you fall in a more hard rock really nice. the tone knobs is ruthlessly efficient, he is going to sculpt the final sound to your amp settings. and of course, as every product NOS, it is done quietly, it is silent, the top.
the gain goes up and the fun too, it gets bigger but still crisp and clean, so I think it's fantastic. in addition to being a fan of metal, I'm a fan of blues and this pedal though is a marvel to resume plans Bonamassa on a good tube amp.

ON CHANNEL DRIVE:

I also tried to couple a drive channel of my Marshall JVM a little boost for my lead.
we need to work on the pedal to find a good compromise between the amp and pedal. it's a job with finesse. drive sound too choked a bit, so it must remain in a narrow range and the volume pot is the tone is great. corrects the sound and give you forward in the mix.

I shall return to this review when I worked a little more on it in different configurations and I know better use it. is a first personal impression and only my opinion.
we do not all have the same ears and the same vision of our sound.
I note 9 because it sounds huge and precise, this is not a nos'box Nor is indeed a quality overdrive.

I bought this pedal in April 2011 with our boss Gerard.
I did a first this week with a pub and I think it's great.
I had a little green wonder of mad professor before and I think it's a step up from the green.
setting ranges are larger and can find the sound you want without any worries. knob the tone is exceptional flexibility copy. is the heart of the pedal.
I wanted an overdrive pedal for blues and boost some lead sounds, well it's done.
it does its job with great class, word hobbit, and a floorboard that throws serious pedal this little black knobs red.
gerard thank you for this flawless construction. it's always great art.
value for money more than reasonable.
10 for overall score is well deserved.