Rockman Distortion Generator
Rockman Distortion Generator
Pechouland Pechouland
Published on 06/15/07 at 09:42
Analog Distortion. See the chart of skyblazer54 very full for a full description. I had to tinker a footswitch bybass who was not there to buy (used). My goal is to rack (size 1 / 2 1U), but there are no mounting location on the front, there also must be tinkering.
The model is 1987, mine is 87.

It is relatively simple but difficult: the EQ is active (while still keeping the same color tone). It must be one or even two or three sounds in general config stuff, that no more quiter, I come back later. I do not ask him any more.

NB: I use it exclusively in the effects loop of my amp (Fender Cyber-Twin), front audio is shy and Cracra, which is not the purpose of the product.

Beware, the machine tends to blow a lot ("the rattle of the beast!") On the same humbucker, unless my copy is faulty (I do not know else to compare, not on my config thrust and transplanted, it is not a major problem.
Proud of my newly acquired toy, I tried the stuff to see some friends (and especially to show them ...) and then disappointment, it does not sound anywhere as well. Better to have a real effect loop to operate, as well as the right amp: it is very "eighties", no need to plug it into a Vox AC30 or Orange (I also like personal) not mind. It does not sound all the guitar to try before.
The dynamic is enormous, even with the tone knob on your guitar to zero. The audio portion as never before in a mix is ​​very incisive. It is at once rough and rather gutural when playing alone. The sound is also very interesting turning down the volume of the guitar, but not really creamy but sweet nevertheless. I forgot (!): Sustain huge ...
The bypass includes the phaser makes her more conventional, which may also be useful.

I do not see how to use it outside of a record 80 years, which delights me personally, but will not suit all. I do not agree with the opinion stating the multiple sound palette of the machine for me, there is really a sound, which can vary the settings, but the color remains.
I was however surprised with beautiful, finding sounds casually known, is whether the rockmann had his moment of glory ...
I use it for 6 months, 80 color and architectural sound quality have profoundly shifted my game lead.
I stumbled upon it but I do it again without hesitation.