< Tous les avis Peavey Classic 50/50

Guitar Power Amplifier from Peavey belonging to the Classic series

MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« Peavey Classic 50 »

Published on 06/25/01 at 15:00
I got this amp about 10 years ago in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada for $1200 Canadian.

This amp has tremendous flexibility. It can do honking and wailing rock and roll with the best of them, and it has the headroom and power to blast out clean country licks into a large room. The footswitch selectable channel control gives instant control over drive and clarity.

As with any all tube circuit, the player can modulate the sensitivity of the overdrive with touch control or with the guitar volume. This adds to the control of the overdrive.

Tone controls are useable and simple with a realistic and wide range of sounds available. The unit even looks cool. By removing the "Peavey" logo (2 screws) it cannot be distinguished from a vintage tweed twin reverb from 10 feet.

On top of all this, the long spring reverb tank is wonderful and not "springy" like the
shorter spring units usually found on smaller amps.

The 75 pound weight make it a chore to lug about I recommend adding swivel casters if you are going to be using it on the road. The Ernie Ball units fit well.

Solid and trouble free. I have yet to have a single problem in 10 years of use.

An excellent value. The price has since come down on these, and there is an effects loop built in. I would buy another in a heartbeat if mine ever was stolen.

An excellent all round "do everything" amp. It has all the power I need and the flexibility I could not do without. I plan eventually to get a smaller version of the same series (25 watts or so) for when I don't want to haul the big box, but still need good sound.