Standard guitar cables and patch cords. Gunmetal gray finish in a variety of lengths an connector configurations.
Cables were a demo set given to MGR by Elixir for review. They are available at most music retailers ranging in price from $25 to $70 depending on length.
Being primarily a bassist, I first used the Elixir cables with my USA Lakland 55-94, a bass that sounds good set flat in nearly all situations. I'd been using Monster cables and, while happy with the tone they produced, I wasn't crazy about their tendency to retain the shape they'd been stored in (coiled in my case). The first thing I noticed about the Elixir was their flexibility: they're heavy, yet softer than most other heavy-duty cables. Best of all, they stayed flat when uncoiled -- no more danger of tripping over my own cord onstage.
Well made -- heavy yet flexible with integrated heavy duty connectors.
There are several companies offering high-end instrument cables these days, and why not? Spending thousands of dollars on a great instrument but using cheap cables is like wearing flip-flops with a tuxedo. Based on our experience at NAMM, live and in the studio, Elixir is doing things right with its new cable line. You really can hear a difference. Whether that difference is what you're looking for is up to the individual, but it's hard to argue that improved clarity and flexibility is bad thing.
I use it every day for over 3 years now and I can say that this is the best cable I have ever had.
I could compare (because I still have) with Planet Waves cables, Monster Cable rock series and a whole range of cables of lesser quality.
The mine is 6 meters and comparisons are made façe to the same length.
The big plus of the Elixir façe its competitors:
- The sound is very clear and clean compared to others that color the sound slightly. In addition, it captures any parasite as is sometimes the case with low-end cables.
- It twists ever. This is an important point for me and this is what turns me off with that kink Monster constantly.
- Resistance foolproof. concert I've walked on with big shoe, my cab is passed on and a desk chair and it still works with NO problems.
I do not think it benefits and do not regret a single moment my purchase.
Friends fussy we found him two "cosmetic defects" which for me are absolutely not:
- The cable color is not black but dark big.
- The head of the jack is not as Bling-Bling Monster Cable.
I put the note 10 for a cable to his tireless and ultra clear that twists ever.
PS: I'm not the type to put 10 because I like it. This is a note objective and deserved.