Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight

Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Poor
Editorial review
A Chicken in Every Pedalboard

A review of the Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight pedal

Wah pedals are useful for more than just the standard “wah wah” effect. Sweeping the pedal’s filter to find a cool tone and then leaving it static as you play is also very effective. Known as the “cocked wah” effect, that’s the basis of Electro-Harmonix’s Cock Fight pedal, along with built in fuzz and a talking wah. Read more…
  • manolitosmanolitos

A very average sound

Electro-Harmonix Cock FightPublished on 01/18/16 at 05:42
    I tried this pedal with an Ibanez js1000 on a peavy delta blues.
    Beware, this is NOT an auto-wah. It takes an additional expression pedal plugged in the dedicated input.

I tried it for a clean sound, it sputters in a very unpleasant manner. For a drive sound, it's not too bad in "post" but very rough in "pre" mode (much rougher than a Hendrix-style tone). It gets very noisy with the drive setting over 3/4...
    I tried it with another distortion (satchurator, then boss blues driver). It sounds not too bad in wah mode with the distortion ahead of it. The "talk" sound is poor and produces very unpleasant low-mids.

Overall, I was more looking for an auto wah, and this model doesn't do it.…
    I tried this pedal with an Ibanez js1000 on a peavy delta blues.

Overall, I was more looking for an auto wah, and this model doesn't do it. The wah sounds you get out of it are not as good as those from a normal wah (cry baby). It can possibly be used as a disto, with a fixed wah setting ala "money for nothing", but soundwise I can get all the same from a cry baby.
    To be avoided.