- For how long have you been using it?
I used this for years.
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
Looks great, sounds fine, almost no hiss even on max, looaads of features...very powerful...quite compact too.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Tried a much cheaper Technics...was rubbish...some other old gear...and an Onkyo Integra A-9711. The Integra is the best.
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
I got it for free, someone was throwing it out. Sold it a few years later for 120 €, so i'd say it was quite a bargain!
The price when new must have been huuuge though. :-(
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?...
I think it's a good amp!
It had low & hi filters, loudness, 2 or 3 phono input types, tape monitors, direct aux input, 5 band eq, 4 speaker outs, phones out, fancy lights...the volume is marked in -dB so very pro...and it just looks great.
The only problem with this is that the volume knob is not a smooth run: so you have to practice a bit before you can set the volume right, or you'll put it up/down in big chunks: takes some subtlety.
I rcupr this amp for free "dbarasser" qqu'un. This is a gesture that, as worshipers of old hardware stereo, I can not understand.
Trs pro in his graduation (graduated in EQ and frquences dB) output with EQ, volume-calibrated in dB (extremely rare), subsonic filter, notch filter above 9kHz, loudness, mono, input nbreuses es, two pairs of speakers, combined with total or dbrayables ...
This amp lacks nothing. He has a great mouth, it is not bulky trs, and it is super powerful (100W RMS).
It also has 3 phono diffrent (!). Can not find nowadays.
My only regret is in order:
- The volume Crant (hard to put it between the teeth), or it trsgnant on an amp of this power
- Crosstalk of the entries tape monitor (slecteurs button and not rotating)
- The HP terminals, not terrible.
I put 9 out of 10, but it is excellent.
In addition, it does not blow.
Let's say for the price, there is not much that competes in nine I think, even today ...
APRS costs at headphone, I rduis note as it blows over the headphones. In addition the quality of sound varies between Whereas a time, when the Tape Monitor as same-not great.
The HP terminal is not terrible.