VOX announces Amphones, active headphones with a built-in VOX Amplug guitar or bass amplifier that can be used as conventional headphones.
Four Amphones models are available:
- “AC30” is designed to reproduce the sound of the classic VOX AC30 amplifier;
- “Twin” is designed to simulate the sound of a US-made clean combo amp
- “Lead” is designed to cover lead guitar sounds ranging from UK-made amps to US-made high-gain boutique amps
- “Bass” is designed to model VOX’s classic AC100 bass amp to accommodate a variety of tonal possibilities
Each model uses an analog design to model the circuit response of the original amp.
Built-in effects add variety and dynamics to the sound. The AC30, Twin, and Lead versions provide reverb/chorus & delay, while the Bass version provides a compressor. Each effect is adjustable.
Each Amphones version will function as a conventional set of headphones when there is no instrument connected. The folding design provides portability, along with an included extension cable and adaptor plug.
Pricing & Availability:
The VOX Amphones will be available mid-fall 2012 for a U.S. street price of $99.99
For more information: www.voxamps.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Avantone Pro MixPhone MP1 Avantone Pro presents a "Vari-Voice" designed to adapt to all situations, either in the studio, live, for DJing or for audiophiles.
- [MUSIKMESSE] AKG K872 AKG presents the K872 headphone, a new model which claims to bring unprecedented accuracy for studio production and live sound engineering.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Rupert Neve Designs has introduced the RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier.