or
Create an account

or

Thread Some set up questions

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Some set up questions
I am setting up a home recording studio mainly for commercial radio and voice over production and possibly a future internet radio station. I have a broadcasting background and the equipment (mixer, mic, source material, etc. I admit that I am new to this digital recording as I have 40 years in analog, but I'm a quick learner.

My questions are: I tried running source to my computer using Adobe but although I captured the sound, it was distorted/garbled. I downloaded another program and had the same result. I made sure I converted line level to mic level as that was the input setting. I was using a laptop, with adequate RAM and space but I believe that there lies some of the problem...should I use a desk top with an upgraded soundcard? Is that where I am getting the distortion from? and generic laptop card?

Once I start getting quality audio, should my productions be saved as mp3 files? or is there a better way. I will be sending these productions out to customers so it has to be reliable.

I guess that's all for now, let me say in advance that I appreciate the help and your time and experience.

Thanks