RODE NT1
Mattfig Mattfig

« Amazing mic for the price! »

Published on 06/21/12 at 07:07
This mic is a knockout for value and delivers a very real and full-bodied result. The best in this price range and anything close...

Here's the specs:

Acoustic Principle Pressure Gradient
Active Electronics JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
Capsule 1.00"
Polar Pattern
Address Type Side
Frequency Range 20Hz - 20kHz
Output Impedance 100Ω
Maximum SPL 137dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Maximum Output Level 13.7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Sensitivity -31.9dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Power Options
Weight 326.00gm
Dimensions 190.00mmH x 50.00mmW x 50.00mmD
Output XLR

Again, this mic is better than most in all areas...It outperforms mics that cost 3x as much!

I like the ease of use. I appreciate the excellent and faithful reproduction it produces...It records like a dream and, if placed properly can capture exactly what you want...It's well built but I wouldn't recommend tossing it down a flight of stairs...

This mic is excellent for home studios and more than capable of handling its' own in commercial studios...I use this mic for recording and have songs currently on Fox and CWTV shows...To my ear, it's even better than the higher end RODE models- though they are each great as well...

Total steal for the price...

I have already bought two more so I would obviously come back for more and will again...These mics are my have workhorse for vocals and acoustic instruments....