- < Thread list
1 Posted on 09/19/2006 at 23:30:29
I'm setting up a home studio. I want to record rap vocals with the best possible microphone, pre, and sound card within my budget. I will be recording my rap vocals with the help of a sound engineer I am hiring. If you want to hear what my voice sounds like please visit:
INFORMATION REGARDING MY HOME STUDIO PROJECT:
My Computer Specs:
HP Vectra VL400
P3 Socket 370 (Tualatin 1.4Ghz)
512MB PC133 Infineon Sdram
80GB Western Digital IDE Hard Drive
100GB Western Digital IDE Hard Drive
LG Dual Layer DVD-RAM +/-/R/RW (x2)
Windows Xp Home w/Service Pack 2
- Adobe Audition v1.5
- Cubase SX v2.0
- $500 Maximum for all items including mic, pre, sound card, popper stopper, cables, and stand.
This is what a close friend suggested I buy:
- M Audio Audiophile 2496 (Sound card) $129
- ART Tube MP Project Series (Pre) $55
- Studio Projects B1 (Microphone) $120
- To record commercial album quality rap vocals at home. Just so you know no booth will be used for some time. So recording will be in an open room.
1. Would the list of equipment my friend suggested be sufficient enough to provide album sound quality for my home studio?
2. Please write a list that you would make for my home studio equipment within my $500 budget. (ie: mic, pre, sound card)
THE MICROPHONE IS MY MOST IMPORTANT ITEM. IF I GET A BAD MIC MY VOCALS WILL SOUND BAD. PLEASE HELP.
2 Posted on 07/06/2007 at 19:18:47
ok... listen... for rap u will want the marshall mxl v69 mogami edition....
its a professional tube mic, it comes with a power supply so u wont need anything with phantom to run it, also comes with shock mount and a "ok" wind screen, but ur guna want a diffrent one, and being a tube mic its a very warm mic, ive own it and have used many higher priced mics and they dont beat it... ive seen major rap lables put out full cds world wide with this thing, and its only 300, so if i were u i wud get it
3 Posted on 04/22/2007 at 10:22:44
This is what you should get the AKG Preception 200 it cost $156 but its better than some $300 mics out there great quality its reall pro .
you should get an M-Audio Mobile pre USB audio inerface so you dont have to open your pc at all and still get great quality and you dont need a seperate pre amp this is a combo.it cost $150
I have both and they are quality great products . The mic that your friend suggested is ok but no wear near as good as this one check it out and hollar back.
4 Posted on 06/26/2007 at 04:47:54
a Rode NT1 condenser mic
m-audio mobile preUSB