A free looper multiscript for Kontakt
The idea comes from Fairly Confusing Waveforms who wanted to record and play note sequences while playing in Kontakt.
Thanks to this multiscript, you can record two sequences and switch between them in Kontakt without having to use the sequencer in your DAW. You can, for instance, trigger drum loops or bass lines while playing another instrument. The concept is experimental, so it may not be perfect, but it’s free and the developer is open to any comment.
Two versions of the script are available: X1 to record one track and X2 for two tracks, in the latter you can play two sequences simultaneously.
Here’s a resume of the available controls:
- Record and Play to start/stop recording and playback
- Loop for sequence looping
- Auto Rewing to restart the playback at the beginning of the track
- 8 “tapes” to record up to 8 sequences and switch between them during playing with a programmed schedule ; each “tape” can store up to 2,040 events (about 1,000 notes)
- Play, Record and Tape Change command automation from a MIDI keyboard ; 3 automation modes for Tape Change: CC messages, a series of 8 keys or a single key
- Snap to align the recorded sequences to the tempo
- Synchronize, another way of managing the tempos
- Key for transpose
- Input Port and Channel to choose the data source when using multiple controllers
Files of this multiscript are available for free, along with details, at waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- CL-Projects releases Neutron The third synthesizer for Kontakt in the CL-Projects Blue Orb series is intended for sound designers who want to create pads.
- Acustica Audio Ivory IAE-2 EQ on presale Acustica Audio is now accepting orders for its upcoming Ivory IAE-2 stereo mastering equalizer for Mac and PC, with a special introductory price.
- Soundcells updates Nordic Red ReFill to v3 Reason users can now discover the third version of the Nordic Red ReFill library with sounds of the Nord Modular G2X synthesizer.