Five 12 Numerology 2 For Mac OS X
Five12 Inc. announced the release of Numerology 2 for Mac OS X.
Numerology is a modular music sequencing and audio plugin environment.
Numerology 2's module library is centered around a core set of sequencing modules, each targeted for a specific task: The MonoNote sequencer for monophonic lead and bass melodies, the PolyNote and MatrixSeq modules for polyphonic sequencing and the eight-track DrumSeq for drum programming.
There are also a pair of 'component' sequencers, the CV (control value) and Gate sequencer modules, whereby users can create melodic lines by independently sequencing the individual components of notes: pitches, rhythms and dynamics. This modular approach to step sequencing is designed to maintain the immediacy that step sequencing is known for, while increasing the range of compositional techniques the composer can employ.
- A modular step sequencing music composition environment.
- MIDI-based Note Sequencing modules for monophonic, polyphonic and drum sequencing.
- CV & Gate Sequencer modules for 'component-based' sequencing.
- GrooveClock module for building custom grooves.
- A variety of analog-synthesis-style modules for generating and processing streams of control (CV) data, including LFO's, Envelopes and XY controllers.
- Several MIDI processing and filtering modules.
- Audio Unit hosting.
- An eight-part sample-based DrumKit synthesizer.
- A polyphonic sample-based AudioSample module for audio synthesis.
- A virtual-rack system for organizing modules into musical parts, called Stacks.
- A preset system for coordinating all module settings within a stack.
- A parameter modulation system designed for modulating almost anything from anything else.
- MIDI remote control.
- A timeline-based playlist arrangement system.
- A dedicated audio mixer with 8 stereo aux sends per stack.
- Custom routing of CV, Audio & MIDI data streams.
- Stereo audio recording of the Master and Alt output busses.
- Synchronization via MIDI Clock, MTC or ReWire.
- Universal binary for Mac OS X, 10.4.11 or later.
Pricing & Availability
Apple Macintosh computer with a CPU speed of 1Ghz or better, and 1GB or more of RAM, running Mac OS X version 10.4.11 or later, and a screen resolution of 1024x768 or better.
Numerology 2 is currently available for purchase from the Five12 Web Store for an introductory price of $99 (USD).
After January 4th, the price will be $119 (USD).
For more information, visit their web site at www.five12.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.