[NAMM] Matthew Bellamy signs a Cort guitar
Cort will introduce at the NAMM Show 2015 in January the MBC1, Matthew Bellamy’s first commercial model.
The Cort MBC1 was designed, developed and revised by british luthier Manson Guitar Works, in close collaboration with Cort and Muse’s frontman. Manson has been working with Matthew Bellamy for 20 years, his participation in the project is therefore quite logic, as they also provide the pickups.
The MBC1 is based on the Cort MB1-S and includes a discrete Kill button that allows for creating interesting sound effects.
Features of the Cort MBC1 Matthew Bellamy Signature guitar:
- Solid basswood body
- Bolt-on maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, compound radius, no inlays
- Nut width: 43mm
- Scale length: 25.5”
- 2 Mason pickup: a single-coil in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge position
- Master volume and tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch and Kill button
- Adjustable bridge and stop bar tailpiece
- Matching headstock with Matthew Bellamy’s signature and Manson logo on the back
- Chrome hardware
- Matt Black finish
UK price announced by Cort is £499. More info at www.cortguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!