VDL and Ace create the Hot Bird stompbox
Skunk Anansie’s Ace partnered with Valerio di Loreto to design the Hot Bird fuzz and distortion pedal for guitar.
The VDL Ace Hot Bird offers a wide range of effects, from overdrive to fuzz, all inspired by vintage tones. The pedal is fully analogue.
The Hot Bird is divided into two sections:
- Ear Bender on the left for a retro fuzz effect inspired by the vintage Solasound and Electro-Harmonix pedals, with an addition Cream compression feature
- After Burner on the right with an overdrive and distortion circuit. This section provides multiple tone options thanks to the 3-stage variable clipping designed to reproduce British amp saturations, a Bass Lift/Boost as well as a mid boost based on the one developed on the Super Tube Screamer and reproduced upon Ace’s request. This section also includes a Vintage/Modern switch and a Bass Response control to increase the response in the low frequencies (5dB boost at 200Hz) without affecting the rest of the spectrum.
The Hot Bird is available for £299 at www.vdlanalogics.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Fractal Audio unveils the FX8 Fractal Audio posted on its forum the first details of the FX8, a brand new multi-effect pedalboard for guitar that will soon be available.
- Knowing about the different pots available will help you make a sound choice Most guitarists don't think too much about the pots (potentiometers) inside their guitars, unless they start going bad and making noise. But did you know there are different types of pots with different characteristics? So if you need to replace a pot because it's become noisy, or you just don't like the way it responds, here's some info to help you choose the type that's best for you.
- Wampler releases the Latitude Deluxe Tremolo Wampler announces the international release of its new Latitude Deluxe Tremolo stompbox.