- Does the software work correctly with your setup?
It works very well: no bugs, no crashes, no problems.
- How is the performance? (if measurable)
Perfect, I've never had a problem. It uses almost no resources.
- What about the hardware/software configuration stability?
- This is a free software that does exactly what you want without a single problem and it's worth a 10.
- How long have you been using it?
I've been using it for few weeks.
- Which feature do you like the most / the least?
I simply love the fact that a small freeware with only an extremely small DLL file and no sample bank offers an authentic bass sound. It's true that it will never be able to replace a real bassist, but if you program your bass lines carefully and process it properly (EQ, compressor, etc.) it can sound very authentic in a mix. Some commercial software products aren't worth their price.
- Did you try any other models before buying it?
I tested virtually every available freeware/donationware VST bass instrument and this one is one of the top 3, behind Independance 2 Free which allows different playing gimmicks (slides, ghost notes, etc.) and sounds better (samples), but ahead of the very interesting Broomstick Bass demo version (no time limitation and only a couple of functions are unavailable). Since it's free, it can compete with all products.
- How would you rate its value for money?
- Based on your experience, would you buy this product again?
I've found a better sounding tool in the meantime (Independance 2 Free) but BMK2 is much easier to use (just a small DLL file, no installation, few rotary controls) so it's still a very good choice if you want an effective tool and don't want to install 2 GB samples. I really like this small BMK2. It amazed me!
- I'm really enthusiastic about this software because it's rare to find so much value for free.
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
theedge73's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
The installation is the simplest way, like most vst.
This vst is trs little cpu intensive, it is therefore in small configurations.
I use it with Live 5 and I've never had a problem.
I use it for 1 month.
I put 10/10 as a freeware, it was a really good bass sound.
BMK2 dmarque to its simplicity and yet the sound is really parameter.
In the end, it was a bass sound simple, clear and warm, suitable for most musical genres.
I choose to do it again and I recommend it