< Tous les avis Boss OD-2 TURBO OverDrive
David Makowski David Makowski

« "Two Overdrives In One" »

Published on 05/30/20 at 13:37
Audience: Anyone
I have own the Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive, the Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, and the Boss OD-3 Overdrive. I play Gibson Les Paul Standards in my Marshall JCM 2000's. I use the Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive for my "Blues Rig" which is comprised of (2) Fender Stratocaster's and a Fender Pro Junior Amplifier. First of all I absolutely love Boss Pedals! Just like Prince I think they are the best pedals money can buy and they are and always have been excellently engineered and designed.
My Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive gives my guitar tone a really pleasant smooth Gain tone. When I play at home through my Blues Rig I have the level set at about 12:00, the tone set at 02:00, the gain level on (10), and I set it for Overdrive Mode. This sounds a lot like my Boss OD-3 only better because as other reviewers have mentioned the "Turbo" mode really lights up the Gain. It really is like having (2) OD's in (1) pedal.I find this pedal to be quiet at idle, harmonically rich, soft overdrive tone, pinch harmonics at ease, and good note definition. I would say it adds a great deal of sustain which is great. I play along to Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, and Bad Company records and this pedal can cover all of those guitar tones. The "pros" of this pedal is the "Turbo" mode. The "Cons" could be no remote with to toggle between OD and Turbo however I don't really mind reaching down to turn the Turbo mode on.
If you can find one I highly recommend this Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive.