This is a blues overdrive pedal with a switch that allows you to switch from one sound to another:
It is fully analog, German quality components in a high quality metal casing.
Jack input and output, conventional power supply 9V battery or square
Setup could not be simpler: a master, a gain.
The user manual (a single sheet in English) is completely unnecessary, but some reassurance.
The difficulty, if it was one, is to find the sound that will fit your guitar and amp.
a 3-position switch that in fact you have 3 pedals overdrive blues hand. depending on the position of the switch, the settings may be very different and sounds too.
Depending on the position of switch used:
- Rotund gives a very round, powerful, much more suited to single coil humbucker only (although if you want to mess your sound, it fits perfectly as it becomes bold)
- Fat gives a fat sound, so lamp fender amp with lots of gain. It's hot, it's bold, it's good ... my favorite so far.
- Thin is a good thinner sound (as its name suggests) very suitable for powerful guitars with humbucker while remaining clean. It is in the marshall
I built this pedal in my pedal board and I send the sound to either a Epiphone special valve or to a H & K statesman dual84.
In 2 cases, it is tube amps used on the clean channel.
I used to choose one of my guitars Parker:
- P30 (typical strat) in single coil configuration (modified with blues boston at GFS pickups) and the result with the rotund position is fabulous.
- With P36 (typed TV) in single coil configuration (it is actually low impedance humbucker that keep the single side of the microphone while for removing noise from those above by reversing the polarity materials GFS still in) the sound is fabulous whatever the positron used on the pedal.
Lowering the tone knob position with the fat, the master gain to 4 and 6, it's great blues sound.
- With PM20 (micro Di Marzio PAF and FRED) and PM24 in original config is a little more complicated position, rotund, it gets a bit messy, a bit dirty, but this position is made to give body to the lower micro guitars.
on the other hand in fat and thin, waouuuuu, lamps amp excited as ever, and it carries you sound.
Whatever the position used, and if using a guitar adapted to the desired sound and characteristics seen above, all expressions of fingers retransmit the sound is rich, attacks are met (I refuse to use a compressor) and harmonics of the instrument transmitted faithfully.
I just tested on a Roland Cube 80 XL, and it is excellent too .... well, not the heat nor mm mm grain on my other amps, but the lamp is incomparable ...
This pedal is home for a week (I am guitar teacher) so I spend most of my time with an instrument in his hands, and has already been tested in long, wide and across ...
I had in my hands many overdrive pedals and / or multi-effect, including bluesdrive home boss (which is some reference) or a tone lab SE home vox pedal used as separating the effects , but now I'm stuck, his lover who has a grain of its own, and that truly respects the guitar that produces sound.
I am sure that more and more professionals are going to use this pedal in the future.
I'll repeat myself, but this pedal is suited to blues, light rock eventually, so do not look with it heavy metal or rock sounds, you'd be disappointed.
But if you want to play electric blues, see find hendrixien sounds, test there, at that price you risk nothing ...
In this proposal:
I read a lot of negative reviews on the GFS products, and I beg to deal with those above.
This American manufacturer (which is like all manufacture most of its products in Asia) is going intermediaries to sell products, you will not be able to buy them in stores, but will be obliged to directly control the USA ( the bargain, person to fatten the way).
The dollar is very low compared to the Euro, which covers postage.
Everything I ordered from GFS (and believe me, it is often) happens by the cheapest means available to them up to 8 days.
For less than $ 150 including shipping order, there is no customs fees. (I deliberately limited to $ 100 of merchandise to avoid compulsory insurance costs)
All this to say that a pedal like the one sold now $ 46 you get home in 8 days for 50 €.
The case is metal, buttons and quality components, excellent sound, a ridiculous price my faith in regard to what is offered in exchange ....
I do not compare either this bluesdrive to other pedals sold more than a component amp and gold plated. Those who can afford to buy such pedals will not be interested in the proposed GFS hardware (although, given the resulting sounds ...)
I am so happy with my purchase I am back from other pedals in GFS, so I'll post as impressions ....
I reassure those who might think I have shares in GFS, I do not think they are traded .... but when you are satisfied with something, and it's worth it, it is informed ...