Agrandir
Digidesign DigiRack Pitch Shift

All user reviews for the Digidesign DigiRack Pitch Shift

Pitch Shifter / Time Stretcher from Digidesign .

• moosersmoosers

Digidesign DigiRack Pitch ShiftPublished on 02/17/11 at 11:28
    Digidesign's DigiRack Pitch Shift is one of the Audio Suite plug-ins that is included with Pro Tools and has been for a number of versions now. These DigiRack plugs are designed for the DAW user that might not have any plug-ins to begin with. You don't need to do anything to install DigiRack Pitch Shift as it installs with Pro Tools since it's essentially built into the program. It has a pretty simple interface that gives you sliders for controlling gain, coarse (pitch shift in semitones), fine (pitch shift in cents), ratio, crossfade, min pitch, accuracy, note, detune, and level. You can also sound a reference pitch and time correct. It's got a really plain looking interface, as is the case with all of the Audio Suite DigiRack plug-ins. I don't think there's a manual for this, but there may be a write up on it inside the Pro Tools manual.

I don't know how far back the Digidesign DigiRack Pitch Shift plug-in goes in terms of it's earliest Pro Tools appearance, but I've had it for as long as I've had Pro Tools, which started with version 7. The plug-in runs just fine on my current system, which is Pro Tools 9 with a Digi 002R and a Mac Book Pro. The computer has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM to work with, which has been just fine for running this and processing with it. You can't run it as an insert, but for processing on the go I don't think anyone will have trouble with it.

Digidesign's DigiRack Pitch Shift plug-in is definitely a nice stock one to use when you need to do simple pitch shifting processing. I have a bunch of other plug-ins that I'll use for this now, but when I didn't have any Waves plug-ins I would use this as a quick and easy way to pitch shift - usually for vocals. It's not meant for tuning or anything like that, but does a fine job for simple pitch shifting. The best part about this is that everyone who has Pro Tools has it, so instead of looking for a new plug-in for it, I'd check out what you've got here first...