The ergonomics are superb, the unit is very easy to use:
- Fast Ignition count 2/3 seconds, very handy when the unexpected sound technology.
- Option to launch the automatic recording industry.
- Good visibility LEDs in daylight and good visibility of the screen.
- Ability to navigate the menus to "blind" and so do not lose sight of the forces being.
- Shortcuts very well thought out to enable / disable one track or the other and the same for the bottom sections.
- And finally option of direct monitoring by turning a notched knob.
- Finally, the build quality is top, and very generous connectivity options.
The headphone amp is no lack of gain! Very comfortable for monitory sources very low level.
- The battery serial short count 2 hours in 96/24 with the 48v is a bit limited. Note that it is easily changed in the field and that there are larger.
- The preamp will satisfy most needs in broadcast but personally I find their lack of certain gain in some critical cases. At least for the use I make (mostly sound design).
Sound Devices announces 72dB memory but I personally never exceeds 65dB, beyond the breath is too important.
Apart from this headroom a little short, their response to transient is very good, the S / B mid-corner and very good and the right tone.
I'd like to compare them with those of the AETA MIXY which, they say, are superb.
In the secondhand value for money is great. The machine is well thought out and done the job well.