Small headphone amp "to" Vox amPlug home, settings Gain, Tone and Volume, an entry for the external audio player. I did not ask more!
Ultra simple to set up, then! The pots are very sensitive yet ...
I was looking for an alternative to my amPlug AC30 that I found too cold, too direct and not really an amp simulation in fact, just a headphone amp in the end. Well BINGO! The sound is more rounded and generous, the drive is really nice and very playable!
I have only a few days but will definitely take amPlug AC30 dust quickly now!
I just wish the little details:
- The tone that could have been better ... The sound fucking chokes very quickly and you end up at the end of a race with his broth ... kinda useless but personally it does not bother me, I'm still 10!
- Really plastic "cheap" feel, but OSEF is not held in the hand!
As against, most:
- A real sound amp simulation with I think a hollow medium tonestack type and a cut in the high bandwidth to recreate an HP ... Well, I have not (yet) made measures, but in any case it sounds like this! In short, the sound is much more realistic than the amPlug.
- Another nice point over the entire range of gain, volume experienced in the headphone is the same, so no need to adjust the volume as a amPlug ... that's really nice! So yes, suddenly the gain does not cut the sound when it is at 0 but this is not very important in the end.
- 25-30 € commercially ... Really cheap and personal, I did come directly from the country of manufacture through the site, starting with "E" and ends with "BAY" for € 10 port Free ... no comment!